12/31/10

ShootOut {Winter Wonderland}

This was my first Photog ShootOut experience. I've never done anything like this nor have I ever taken photos in the DARK. Yes... DARK. A lot of what I do is done with Ambient Light... ewwww that sounded so professional. Meaning Natural Light. So for me to go out and shoot with both Ambient Light and Flash was really a cool experience. We were broken down into small groups and then rotated in with different Leaders (Photographers). The Leaders were amazing! They were all so helpful and covered different areas of lighting.
The Models were Amazing too. They looked H-O-T. Freezing outside, but they looked HOT. I thought the Stylist Michelle Cunningham did an Amazing job that went so well with the Winter Wonderland Theme. Well, except to my 8 year old when he asked, "Mom, why does she have Blue Hair?" With a look of confusion on his face... but, if you're not 8 and if you love photography and fashion, then these photos are the Bomb Dot Com. Hair and Makeup were also a very important part of making this all happen. Hair was styled by Diego Ortega and Makeup Ashley Gannon. Candace Magoski is well rounded with Hair/Makeup/Stylist and another important part of this Team.

None of this would have been possible without a Great Team of Photographers. So a Big Thank You to Verone Pangilinan, Garrett Davis, Matt Saville, Rob Nicholson and Jason Zalameda.

This was the first shoot I've ever done with Models. It was quite fun to be able to pose and give direction and to somewhat be in charge of the Shoot. The only way to put sense to that is... I work with So Many different ages, families, themes, events and just people in general. One thing I LOVE about doing what I do is no shoot... I mean NO SHOOT is ever the Same. I love how I can photograph a 5 year old one week and another 5 year old the next and have a totally different experience. You never know what you're going to get. So Posing Models was a bit easier, but yet just as Exciting to work with. A whole different VIBE. Thank you Maisha, Amanda, Tiohn, Ashley, and Sheena for doing a Fabulous job.

So here's what I got....


So I know I should have been practicing with a flash, but I couldn't come to grips with it. So I just shot with Ambient Light as long as it would allow me... :)









I love my ISO...





Total Darkness here... time to switch to Flash... Something I probably wouldn't have ever tried... but so happy I did....




No comments:

Post a Comment